top of page

COVID 19 Tenant Employment and Financial Status Online Form

The COVID 19 Tenant Employment and Financial Status Form is closed and not accepting additional submissions.  For continuing assistance or guidance, please see the column to the right "COVID Tenant Resources With Links".

COVID 19-23 Tenant Resources With Links

Updated COVID 19-23 Tenant Resources for Rental Assistance

Date Placed On This Website:  03-22-2021

Updated:  01/28/2022

FINAL UPDATE:  03/11/2024

MOST rental assistance resources are depleted as of 2024, other than regular assistance such as unemployment, energy assistance or emergency food. This COVID 19-23 page will be discontinued on March 31, 2024.


For Racine County, contact the following agency in order to apply for rental assistance:


For Milwaukee County, contact the following:


Here is a link to the Federal webpage:​:


For State of Wisconsin:



Older Information (Some of Which May Still be Valid)

Information Below Original Date: 03-22-2020

Information Below Updated Date:  01/28/2022

Here are additional resources to assist you.

Federal Stimulus Check

Individuals can receive $1,200.00, and married couples $2,400.00. Parents can receive an additional $500.00 per child under the age of 17. You may qualify even if your income is from Social Security or a pension. You must file your taxes to receive a stimulus check, even if you did not have income or if you may owe taxes. Taxes are easy to file online via TaxACT, H & R Block, Tax Slayer or TurboTax. If you moved since filing your 2020 (or 2019) taxes you will need to file a Form 8822 in order to change your address.

Unemployment Benefits

If you have been laid off or have reduced hours due to COVID 19, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. You may qualify even if you were not a traditional employee, such as those working in the modern economy like Uber Drivers, etc. Part time employees and all 1099 workers now qualify, as do those who must stay home to care for an ill family member, even if you only recently started the job. Most applicants will receive at least $600.00 per week. Apply by phone (414) 435-7069 or online at Wisconsin Unemployment. Once you apply you will have to file a weekly claim until you return to full employment. Here is the link to apply for Wisconsin Unemployment online:

Apply for Emergency Assistance

Help for low-income parents to pay for emergency housing or utility-related expenses. Apply for Emergency Assistance Online (414) 389-6000.

Energy Assistance

Currently, tenants can apply once each heating season, October through May of each year.  Applications can be made over the telephone (414) 270-4653, or schedule on-line.  It takes about an hour to sign up. Eligible applicants receive a $200.00 to $900.00 credit on their WE Energies bill.  Check with/ask WE Energies about not charging late fees or disconnecting services.

Emergency Food

Hunger Task Force has an on-line map of up-to-date, reliable food sources in the community.

Hunger Task Force MPS is providing Free Meals for Students.

The Milwaukee County Department on Aging (414) 289-6874 provides home delivery and meal pick up options.

Wisconsin – Food Share Information has details on how to sign up.

The Milwaukee Journal published an extensive list of food pantries and lunch programs.

United Way Resource list is available by calling 866-211-9966 in order to obtain a list by zip code.

Employment Possibilities

The Post Office, Pick ’N Save and other grocers, Amazon, Walmart, Dollar Tree/Family Dollar and delivery drivers are in high demand. You should carefully consider the health risk to you and your family of jobs that involves interacting with the public at this time. These resources will be helpful as the virus danger subsides:

Indeed Jobs -

Kroger / Pick n Save / Roundy's Jobs-

Amazon Jobs -

Delivery Jobs -

Post Office Jobs -

Dollar Tree / Family Dollar -

Walmart / Sams -

Walgreens -

Other Resources

IMPACT 2-1-1 is a free, central access point for a wide variety of information and assistance in times of personal crisis or community disaster. They can also be reached by dialing 211. A toll Free Video Relay is available at 1-866-211-3380.

Child care services for essential workers and other parents from the Department of Children and Families:

Domestic Violence Sojourner 24-hour Hotline Sojourner Online Hotline (414) 933-2272 and the Latina Resource Center (414) 389-6510.

© ◊Day Company 2020-04-01 Original 2021-03-22 Revised, Day Company Website Page 11

bottom of page